Thursday, October 16, 2014

Stitch fix!

A couple months ago, I was introduced to the world of Stitch Fix and I am hooked. Do you love fashion? Are you tired of your wardrobe? Do you hate shopping? These are just a few reasons to try it. Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service. Once you sign up, you can fill out a style profile and schedule when and how often you'd like your fix delivered. You get five items a stylist hand picks out for you. You can even link to your Pinterest board so your stylist knows what kind of things you like and you can leave a note for your stylist asking for certain kinds of items. Once your fix is delivered, you have three days to try everything on and send back whatever you don't want to keep in an easy prepaid envelope. The styling fee is $20 for each fix, but the best part is the $20 fee goes towards any item you want to keep. If you decide to keep all five items, you get 25% off the whole box! You can set your price range and you control how often you want to receive a fix.

Why I gave Stitch Fix a Try

1) I've never been huge into fashion, mostly because I don't have the best fashion sense. Most everything in my closet is grey and when I'm not wearing scrubs, I find the most comfortable pair of sweat pants. This gives me the chance to move away from my comfort zone and try different things.

2) I HATE shopping and trying things on. With Stitch fix, I am able to try everything on in the comfort of my own home. 

3) I really want to start adding some nicer things in my closet. My $10 shirts from Old Navy and Target just don't last very long (I still love you, Target). 

4) I will be 30 years old next year and it's time I find my own style. 

5) I wear scrubs everyday and new clothes make me feel pretty :) It's a good way to treat myself once in a while. 

I received my first box last month and it was a good start. I ended up with two items that I love and sent back three items that I liked. I don't want to frivolously spend money so I want to try to keep the things I really really love. I just got my second Stitch Fix and it was a hit! 


It even comes in a pretty box.

A personal note from my stylist this month. 

I already love it.  
My stylist gives me ideas on how to pair my new items! 

Item #1: Look by M Wallace Zig Zag Border Infinity Scarf



I asked for a scarf for this fix because I LOVE them. When I pulled this out of the box, I was like "What is this???" OH, It's an infinity scarf!



Of course, I loved this and it is SOOOO warm! It will be perfect for the fall/winter season. 

Item #2: 41Hawthorn Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse




Meh. This was okay. I was not crazy about this shirt. I do like the color and the material, but it was a tad bit long. It just wasn't anything special. 

Item #3: Sanctuary Charice Skinny Moto Pant

So here is the beauty of Stitch fix: If I saw these pants at a store, I would not even think to pick them up or try them on. I was not impressed with these pants...at first....... 

I didn't like the knee pattern on these pants or maybe I just didn't quite understand it. But then I tried them on......

.....and I fell in love! They fit perfectly and they are so comfortable. These are the pants I tried on with everything in this fix. I want to wear them EVERYDAY! (There's Rolo in the background!) 

Item #4: Oxmo Marion Striped Zip-Back Cotton Sweater

Now this is something I would pick out at a store. I love the coral stripes and.......

There's a zipper! 
Rolo approved! 

Item #5: Moon Collection Joanne Chevron Print Cropped Drape Front Cardigan

I love this chevron pattern. This was another item I wasn't sure about because of the shape of it. 


After trying it on, I loved it! It's so different than anything I have in my closet, plus it goes perfectly with my new pants!

So after trying everything on, came the hard part. I had to decide what to keep. I LOVED 4 out of the 5 items in my box. I wasn't crazy about the purple top but I also didn't hate it. But because of the 25% off discount I get for keeping the whole box, I decided to keep it because it was actually cheaper to keep everything than to send the one item back. I kept everything! I spent a little more than I wanted too, but I figured it is worth it to have some nicer pieces in my closet. I can't wait for my next fix! 

If you want to try Stitch Fix, I have a referral link. If you click on it and sign up, I get a $25 credit and then you can refer others and get the credit! Let's keep the circle going! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment